SOLE REPRESENTATIVE OF OVERSEAS BUSINESS VISA
Overview of Sole Representative Visa
Sole Representative Visa was designed for representatives (employees or shareholders) of an overseas business to establish branch or subsidiary in the United Kingdom. Representative must be shareholder or employee of parent company (Head Office) and company will provide the necessary capital to establish branch in the UK.
Overview of the requirements of Sole Representative Visa for an applicant:
• not be a majority shareholder (no more than 50% of shares) in that overseas business
• be recruited and employed outside the UK by the company they intend to represent in the UK
• meet the required standard in English language with at least CEFR level A1 in speaking and listening
• provide evidence that they can maintain and accommodate themselves and any dependants adequately without recourse to public funds
• intend to work full-time for the organisation in the UK
• not intend to take any other employment in the UK
• be a senior employee – director of the overseas company
• have full authority to take operational decisions on behalf of the overseas business for the purpose of representing it in the UK
Our clients who already obtain Sole Representative Visa with us running businesses:
• Metal recycling industry
• Financial Services
• Venture capital & Investment Services
• IT and AI industry
• Digital Marketing
• Car Rentals
Applicant who is applying to be the sole representative in the UK of an overseas employer, who intends to establish and operate a registered branch or subsidiary of that overseas business in the UK. In order to qualify for this type of visa, applicant must be shareholder with no more than 50% of shares or senior employee in overseas company.
Direct Family members join the applicant
Applicant’s family can join them in the UK, however they must provide evidence that applicant can maintain and accommodate any dependants and financially support them in the UK.
Set up a branch or subsidiary in the UK
Applicant will be required to register private limited company in the UK. It is treated the same as any other company incorporated in the UK.
In order to obtain extension of the visa after 3 years of staying in the UK, applicant must continue to be employed as a senior employee with full authority to take operational decisions in the UK private limited company. It’s important to highlight that business still required for employee to be in the UK and provide services or sell products to clients. Overseas business still has its headquarters and principal place of business outside the UK. Applicant must provide evidence of financial transactions and Annual Accounts of the subsidiary based in the UK.
Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)
Applicant must spend a continuous period of 5 years in the UK as a representative of an overseas business. They required to provide evidence that they been employed throughout the whole period of staying on the visa and provide necessary documents such as P60, payslips and other relevant accounting paperwork to support their application. Applicant will provide knowledge of English language and life in the UK, unless they are exempt.
British Passport via Sole Representative Visa
Indefinite leave to remain holders can apply for naturalisation one year after the grant of settlement and become British Citizens. The requirements for citizenship are as follows:
• The applicant must have passed English Language and Life in the UK test;
• The applicant must be of good character and not have breached any immigration rules in the UK;
• The applicant must have spent no more than 450 days outside the UK in the 5 years before the application;
The applicant must have not spent more than 90 days outside the UK in the 12 months before the application
How Smart Choice work
1. Conversation with Our Immigration Consultant
Our aim with this session is to make your case optimally strong, show all your strong points as a professional and future business owner.
2. Receiving legal agreement from us
We will send you our Customer Care Letter (CCL) which states all legal information about how we work as an Immigration Law Firm.
You will receive our automated email with invoice attached. Payment of 50% of the invoice value needs to be done before we start your application process. Remaining 50% needs to be paid 3 days before submission of your case to Home Office.
4. Working on your case
We will send you a ’tailored’ list of documents which you need to provide for your application, Our adviser will consult you and fully assist on arranging all documents, prepare case strategy and fully comply with UK immigration law for your application form, then prepare professional and detailed Representation letter to support your case in Home Office.
5. Submitting application to Home Office
Our adviser will submit all necessary forms online and arrange an appointment date for YOU to attend UK Visa Centre in your city to bring all original documents.
6. Obtaining results from Home Office
The Home Office will send your documents and the result of your application to our office after 1-2 months of submitting your application via post, but in some cases this period can be longer.
7. Guiding you for Next Steps in the UK
Our Immigration adviser will guide you with next steps regarding immigration law and compliance of the Visa extension, ILR and British Passport.
8. Consulting Services
Our partners will guide you with next steps to be undertaken prior to starting business in the UK:
2) Open UK Personal Bank Account
3) Formation of Limited Company
4) Obtain National Insurance Number
5) Open UK Business Bank Account
6) Book Meeting with Accounting Firm
Smart Choice Services included:
1. Taking full instructions of your circumstances
2. Providing you with a full list of documents required for you to provide
3. Preparing your business plan in line with your prospective business idea in the UK by our Business Department
4. Completion of the Home Office online application form
5. Full Document check
6. Once all the documents are satisfactory, we will begin to prepare our legal representation letter for your application to accompany your application to the Home Office
7. Your application will be thoroughly revised by our immigration adviser