Federal Skilled Workers Program
This program is for skilled workers with foreign work experience who want to immigrate to Canada permanently.
You must meet all the minimum requirement for this program those are:
- skilled work experience
- language ability
After meeting the minimum requirement points your profile will be assessed on the based of following points:
- work experience
- whether you have a valid job offer
- English and/or French language skills
- adaptability (how well you’re likely to settle here)
- Proof of funds
Based on your profile you will get points out of total 100 points. Currently the minimum eligibility points threshold is 67.
Skilled work experience
For this program you must have worked in 1 of (NOC) job groups:
- Managerial jobs (skill type 0)
- Professional jobs (skill level A)
- Technical jobs and skilled trades (skill level B).
You must have the proof of your work under the above NOC job occupations with following important points :
- Same job experience as you want to apply for from the NOC.
- Should have worked in last 10 years.
- Paid Work with proof of salary
- At least have worked for 1 year. Full Time: (1560) Hours, 30 Hours/ week & Part Time At least 15 Hours a week.
For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours.
Where you can live in Canada
You must plan to live outside the province of Quebec. The province of Quebec selects its own skilled workers. If you plan on living in Quebec, see Quebec-selected skilled workers for more information.